DFU OTA STM32G fails

Hi,
In my last trial to match a simple MCU with the Notecard I tried to integrate the STM32G031K8T6U microcontroller (Arm® Cortex®-M0+ at 64 MHz in LQFP32 package, featuring
64 Kbytes of Flash memory and 8 Kbytes of SRAM)
I got the STM32G0 Nucleo-32 board (MB1455) as a prototype board and managed to write a basic sketch using platform.io to interact succesfully with the Notecard using a Notecarrier-F.
These are the connections I use:
|Notecard|MCU|
|N_SCL|D8 - PB-8|
|N_SDA|D10 - PB-9|
|ATTN|A0 - PA-0|
|GND|GND|

Notecard runs from USB, NUCLEO board runs from 5V supply.

Next, I wanted to use the STM32 DFU capability.
I wen’t through the Notecard Outboard Firmware Update guide and wired these other wires:
|Notecard|MCU|
|AUX3|B0 - PA-14 (SB5 Jumper disconnected)|- This is originally connected to the onboard STLINK
|AUX4|RST - RESET (T_NRST)|
|AUXRX|TX - PA-2 (SB3 Jumper disconnected)| - This is originally connected to the onboard STLINK
|AUXTX|RX - PA-3 (SB4 Jumper disconnected)|- This is originally connected to the onboard STLINK
(See schematic)

I managed to wrap up an bin pack file per instructions, uploaded to notehub, initiated DFU update and I track in the webserial console on the Notecard.
It downloaded the bin file but I got that error:

S04:59.03 dfu: performing stm32 direct DFU
S05:04.71 loader: connect error can't connect to stm32
S05:10.38 loader: connect error can't connect to stm32
S05:16.03 loader: connect error can't connect to stm32
S05:21.69 loader: connect error can't connect to stm32
S05:27.35 loader: connect error can't connect to stm32
S05:33.02 loader: connect error can't connect to stm32
S05:38.70 loader: connect error can't connect to stm32
S05:44.37 loader: connect error can't connect to stm32
S05:50.04 loader: connect error can't connect to stm32
S05:55.71 loader: connect error can't connect to stm32
S05:55.71 loader: connect 10 retries

Am I doing something wrong? I triple checked all of my connections…
Thanks!
Ziv

For anyone that’s wondering,
I just wanted to update that I’ve been successfully able to perform OTA update for the STM32G030K8T6 MCU using the notecard.
I realized that it’s too tought to get access to the BOOT0 pin on the Nucleo board, so I designed and built a board that holds this MCU with just the bare essantials (I can send you the design if you’d like that).
After using an FTDI adapter & hooking the BOOT0 pin to 3.3V I was able to upload a basic firmware to it. Then, I hooked it up to the notecard, tracked that it’s negotiating with it and got it to interact with notehub I made an OTA binpack file per the guide instructions, made sure that the pins AUX_TX, AUX_RX, AUX_3, AUX_4 are connected to the MCU, I hit the Host firmware update and it worked like a charm :slight_smile:
Thanks for the guides, awesome product and the great webinar the Blues team hosted about it!

2 Likes