Connecting External SIM with Notecarrier AF-1.7

Hello,

I AM FROM INDIA AND I AM HAVING TROUBLE CONFIGURING EXTERNAL SIM.

I am using Note carrier AF with Quectel BG95-M3 notecard. As it provides global cellular feature but in my country it is not supported. So can you provide me any documentation on how to connect and configure external sim with above mentioned notecard.

I’ve attached the screenshot of J6 header of the schematic of notecarrier. I am facing difficulties in finding that header on the carrier.

I would be thankful if you can give support regarding it.

Thank you.

Hi @Pranav_Patel and welcome to the Blues Wireless community!

The Notecarrier-AF includes a slot for an external nano SIM on the top of the board next to the Notecard itself. We have a guide for using the external SIM here: Using External SIM Cards - Blues Wireless Developers

Hey @RobLauer , thanks for the solution regarding sim, but what if I provide internet through wifi via my esp32. Will I be able to see the device on the dashboard of notehub and can add logs in the events menu??

Right now I can’t see any device detected on my screen.

Thank you.

Can you clarify exactly what you’re trying to accomplish? It sounds like you want to use Notehub only, and not use a cellular Notecard at all (as you have access to Wi-Fi)?

Thanks,
Rob

Here in India E-SIM is not supported. so I have inserted external SIM and it is working properly, but for the sake of knowledge and curiosity I asked if we can communicate our carrier with notehub via wifi.

Thanks.
Pranav

Not right now, no. We may have a future product iteration that would for allow similar functionality, but nothing to announce today.

ok thanks for the information!!!