Putting Note into sleep mode

Oh yeah, the JouleScope is the bees knees, if you can swing it!

For me, the JouleScope’s price point is beyond my threshold for pain, and the Current Ranger satisfies my needs at 1/7th of the price.

Honestly, I have no complaints. I’ve been really happy with its accuracy and how easy it has been to use.

1 Like

Look at this! Working! Very low sleep consumption with edge power when I need it!

• “Armed” “Note” set in sleep for an hour or so (need to subtract uptime from sleep seconds)
  • then uses ATTN pin to enable the MOSFET on the Tindie USB power board
  • to boot the Pi Zero. Which then samples the sensors (may need to do this a few times)
  • sends the data as a “Note” via the Python-Note bindings with “sync” flag set
  • sends the Note a command to “arm” which then takes the ATTN pin low and powers off the Pi.

Next to make it look nice and get a fast booting MicroPython up optionally controlled by one of the GPIO AUX pins…

3 Likes

Hiya @zfields - got my Current Ranger built up !

1 Like

Have you got to play with it yet? I love mine!

Pro tip: If you press nA and mA buttons simultaneously, then it goes into auto-ranging mode.

I chose a different configuration than you did with the terminal block; I put it on the device side so it was easier to clip jumper wires (or my homemade JST junction - shown below). I also soldered male header pins into the probe side, because my scope has clip leads.

1 Like

Lovely - thanks for the tips!!! Yeah I haven’t had a chance to plug it into anything yet but looking forward to finding the time to connecting it up to monitor the Note + Pi setup !!!

Hi,

what kind of power consumption did you end up with? In complete sleep mode vs GPS vs syncing / cellular active? Does it stay in low power (15-20 uA) most of the time if no sync or GPS is needed?

Regards, Gaute