Possible errors in "Setting up Notecarrier F with Cellular Notecard"

I am writing these observations because as a total novice, I got confused several times. If some of these are correct, please consider adding the “errata” type of text - that would not require redoing the visual presentation.

Documenting a few differences between the Getting Started with the Notecard online document and my actual findings - see image below for details:

1. There is an added component (see green rectangle) added to the Notecarrier F. This is not the same Notecarrier F depicted in online manuals.
  2. The LTE cable should be connected to the UFL socket marked “main” (I expected LTE label on the circuit board).
  3. There is confusion between the Molex antenna (used for Notecarrier PI) and the Molex antenna for Notecarrier B or F. The presenter called it “3133” while I got “209142”, which has only a single cable and is the one for Notecarrier PI. This might be a false perception, please take this as such.
  4. When the power is connected to the Notecarrier, two red lights flash a few times, followed by a green light that flashes every few seconds (Note that the red light blinks could be perceived as an error condition - and this does not seem to be the case.

Hi @adriatic,

More good questions, thanks:

1. There is an added component (see green rectangle) added to the Notecarrier F. This is not the same Notecarrier F depicted in online manuals.

This is the Swan (the STM32-based microcontroller from Blues). This is the brains of the operation :slight_smile: .

1. The LTE cable should be connected to the UFL socket marked “main” (I expected LTE label on the circuit board).

I see how that could be confusing. Thanks for the note.

1. There is confusion between the Molex antenna (used for Notecarrier PI) and the Molex antenna for Notecarrier B or F. The presenter called it “3133” while I got “209142”, which has only a single cable and is the one for Notecarrier PI. This might be a false perception, please take this as such.

The same Molex (or Pulse etc) antennas can be used across all of the Notecarriers/Notecards. Don’t worry too much about specific part numbers.

1. When the power is connected to the Notecarrier, two red lights flash a few times, followed by a green light that flashes every few seconds (Note that the red light blinks could be perceived as an error condition - and this does not seem to be the case.

Generally speaking, green lights signify network communications while red lights mean something is being read or written to/from flash.

1 Like

I love your style of addressing multiple issues at once (by embedding differently styled issues)

Thanks again