It’s time for another developer firmware release! We’ve cut a new developer version of the Notecard firmware (1.5.5) and it is now available for installation through Notehub DFU, or in manual “offline” mode. Read on for a summary of fixes and features, and for installation instructions.
The following items have been added since Notecard v1.5.3.
- Enhancements to support Notecard-related features in the Airnote product.
- Added support for end-to-end encryption of Notes through Notehub.
- Add GNSS Horizontal dilution of precision (HDOP) support, including waiting for location to converge to configured HDOP before recording
_track.qonotes, and adding the HDOP to the
sync:trueis specified in
card.location.track, an immediate sync occurs every time a track note is added.
card.versionnow accepts a field
api:<major-version>that defines, for compatibility purposes, the major version number of the notecard firmware that the host was developed to use. In the response,
apireturns the current firmware’s version number.
_tri_gps_failureenvironment variable as a triangulation configuration option for Notecard to first try GPS then fallback to using cellular triangulation if it is unable to make a GPS fix.
- Fix to improve the accuracy of
- Corrected behavior of heartbeat reporting in
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements to MCU/SBC host reliability, continuous mode operation, and external SIM support.
Every Notecard sold since December 7, 2020 comes pre-installed with v1.5.2. We recommend updating the firmware on all devices running
There are two ways to update your Notecard firmware:
- With an over-the-air DFU from Notehub.io . This process is the simplest way to get the new firmware on your device, and is documented here . Please be aware that this approach does use data in your data plan.
- By performing a manual flash over USB with a terminal program and the STM32CubeProgrammer toolchain. See here for step-by-step instructions for this approach and download the 1.5.5 Release binary here: notecard-188.8.131.5280.bin.zip (509.0 KB)
Feel free to ping us here if you have any questions, and good luck with your Notecard projects!