Notecard seemingly stuck and not responding meaningful over I2C

Hi,

It seems like the notecard sometimes get stuck in a state where it does not respond meaningful over I2C. It does respond over I2C, but does not send a response (I set a timeout for 2 seconds). Eventually I had to do a hard reset to get it working again. Any idea what might be going on?

I could not figure out what the LED pattern was related to this: What do the Notecard LED blink patterns mean?. But both were one, maybe one green/yellow + red with some intermittent blinking going on.

Maybe I need to hook up the reset pin to be able to do a reboot from the host MCU?

– gaute

Firmware version: 2.1.1.2013839

Hi @gauteh,

This isn’t a direct answer for you, but I’ve had a lot of luck debugging seemingly “stuck” Notecards with the FTDI debug cable. I wrote up a guide to use it as well.

Rob

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll order one. I think a lot of my issues are related to powering the notecard. I currently use 3 D-cells (alkaline) in series.

Can we use this USB-to-Serial adapter → SparkFun Serial Basic Breakout - CH340C and USB-C - DEV-15096 - SparkFun Electronics to debug?

1 Like

Hi @yokonav - welcome to the Blues Wireless community!

I’ve personally never tried that board but based on what I read on the SparkFun site, it should work. Would love to hear if you are successful with it.

1 Like