Is it possible to make an HTTPS request without Notehub

I’m wondering if it is possible to make an HTTPS request with my Notecard and Swan MCU directly to a server’s IP address without routing through notehub.

1 Like

Hi @Voxorin and welcome to the Blues Wireless community!

This is a good question and actually answered in another forum post that you can consult here (happy to answer any follow up questions you may have though):

Hi @RobLauer, thank you for your quick response.

I read through that forum post and see that what I want to do is not an option. I need to make a get request every 10 seconds with about 5 devices. The $0.0006/event fee may make Notehub financially unfeasible for my organization.

Is non-routed requests a feature you and your team would consider adding?

Hi @Voxorin,

I’m curious to know a little more about your use case so we can see how to best address it. I’ll reach out via a private message shortly.

Thanks,
Rob

Hey @Voxorin,

I wanted to circle back on this thread and make sure you were aware that we’ve made some improvements to Notehub pricing that are relevant to this discussion: removing per-project platform subscription fees and limits, a consumption-based event model, and free credits for each account. You can read more here and here, and let us know if you have any questions!

Brandon