Card.status is never "connected"?

Correction/Update

I don’t know why my GPS fixes were taking so long but now they take less than 2 minutes after a sync.

** Started at 16:16:36
Waiting to attach to a tower: Attached

** Demo
Waiting for sync …
Waiting for GPS fix 16:17:11 …
Fix x3.532745, -x0.031200 16:18:31

@BrianP do you mind sharing your GPS antenna model and antenna position? I am using the Adafruit. Using the same antenna position with the Adafruit GPS hat (I know it is much more expensive), I get a fix in less than 5 seconds vs. more than often 50 with the Notecard.

I am using the Notecard on a Notecarrier-AF. Sometimes I get around 50 seconds but I haven’t gathered statistics. Since the Notecard shares LTE and GPS front end I think it is a fact of life that it will never lock quickly after the modem transmits unless they (Quectel) somehow re-writes the firmware.

I have several GPS modules on order, including one from Quectel so I’ll design around one of those for GPS.

FYI @BrianP and @Francois if either of you are are interested in helping us beta test a new external GPS hat for the Notecarrier-AL, please let me know. It does allow for concurrent usage of GPS and cellular.

Sure, I’d be interested. In my applications GPS has to always work and be reasonably timely.